Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Wandered Lonely as a ... Planet?

Image courtesy of NASA Goddard Photo and Video

A planemo is defined as a small wandering planet (once you strip out all the astrophysicist mumbo jumbo anyway). It has no star in which to orbit, so it has no home galaxy to call its own. And because it has no home and no orbit, it experiences no seasons, no months, no years, no days, no nights, no time. (Weird, huh?) A planemo simply travels around the vast reaches of the Universe at its leisure with, ostensibly, no real purpose. 

I was originally going to call my personal slice of cyberspace simply Planemo, which I had decided would be a lonely little blog devoted to nothing in particular and everything in between. My blog was to be to the Internet what a planemo is to the Universe. It would explore it allthe good, the bad, and the mundane of anything and everything I pleasedbut it wouldn't stick around in any one place for too long. Then something happened: I fell into orbit. 

Planemos can experience a similar fate. One of the greatest mysteries of the Universe is gravity. And when gravity wants an object in its clutches, that object is helpless to resist. When a planemo drifts close enough to the gravitational pull of a star, it gets pulled into orbit. In other words, it finds a home.    

After having done some aimless wandering of my own for a time, I found my home a number of years ago in a galaxy consisting of words, sentences, and paragraphs, all held together by a strange dark matter known as punctuation. And so began my career in writing, editing, and publishing. Yet my days as a wanderer weren't entirely over because I had the benefit of working in a variety of settings, including trade media, magazines, book publishing, and even civil service, all of which eventually brought me to here: my own (entirely purposeful) editorial- and content-development enterprise. 

Welcome to Planemo Creative!   

Whether you are in need of a writer, an editor, an editorial project manager, a full-fledged creative team, or you simply need someone with whom to brainstorm ideas, Planemo Creative can meet almost all of your editorial and content-development needs. I say "almost all" because, let's face it, some of us are better in some areas than in others. And if your particular project isn't something that we specialize in, we'll point you in the direction of the people who do. (And we know lots of great people!)

But Planemo Creative isn't just a place where I talk up our services and peddle our talents. Planemo Creative is a place for you to get useful information, ideas, and creative inspiration about writing, publishing, art and design trends, home decor, and maybe even a fun crafty project thrown in for good measure from time to time. (Hey, I may have found a home galaxy, but I'll always have some planemo tendencies!)

So come along and join me in this galaxy of inspired thinking and creative collaboration. Who knows...you might just find yourself falling into orbit!  

Rebecca J. Razo
Founder, Planemo Creative   



No comments:

Post a Comment